This past Sunday I spoke briefly about some of the local organizations that we support. Here is some information on those organizations.
Each campus at NewPointe has a local missions budget that allows us to support and partner with local organizations and help people in our community. Here in Millersburg we have a partner relationship with several organizations. Some we support monthly with a financial contribution and some we work with by providing volunteers, promotion of their services and fundraisers.
We work with organizations that are well run, that help people in need and that are Christ centered.
The three organizations we support financially on a monthly basis are:
- Love INC (In the Name of Christ) is a non-profit organization that works with all other non profits, churches, government agencies and individuals to help people in need. Basically they try to match people in need with churches, organizations and individuals that can help them best. They also identify services that are not being offered and help churches get those ministries started.
- For more information about how to volunteer or send support, contact: Vicki Conn Executive Director of
Love INC of Greater Holmes County, Director
PO Box 144
Millersburg, OH 44654
330.473.6017 (office) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Life of Holmes & Tuscarawas County – Their vision is that, Every adolescent will have the opportunity to meet Jesus Christ and follow Him. Young Life is active at West Holmes they also are active at Garaway. For more information about how to get involved contact Libby Pacula at email@example.com.
- Here are some of the things that the volunteers at Young Life do:
- Praying for young people.
- Going where kids are.
- Building personal relationships with them.
- Winning the right to be heard.
- Providing experiences that are fun, adventurous and life-changing.
- Sharing their lives and the Good News of Jesus Christ with adolescents.
- Inviting them to personally respond to this Good News.
- Loving them regardless of their response.
- Nurturing kids so they might grow in their love for Christ and the knowledge of God’s Word and become people who can share their faith with others.
- Helping young people develop the skills, assets and attitudes to reach their full God-given potential.
- CRU at Ohio State University – Quin Strouse– to contact Quin about how you can help, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cru at Ohio State (formerly known as Campus Crusade for Christ).
- Quin is a graduate of Ohio State, he got involved in Cru there, it changed his life and he felt called to continue in the footsteps of staff that changed his life and do the same for future students .
- Quin Provides leadership to a ministry called GreekCru specifically for Greeks/men in fraternities, 40 young men are involved.
- He has worked with Cru for 2 years.
- Cru at Ohio State has 700 students involved.
- Quin is passionate about this ministry and is pouring his life into these students every day. I’m so encouraged with his ministry because he shares stories of life change and keeps us up to date on what is happening in the ministry.
- Students are realizing and reaching their full potential in Jesus Christ through the work of Quin and others at OSU.
We support and promote these organizations as we are able, through one-time donations, volunteers, promotion and participation with events they organize:
- Local Food Pantries
- Millersburg Church of God Food Pantry – We are currently partnering with them to distribute food to elementary school students in West Holmes School District that are on the lunch program. We package food and send it home with them on Friday so they have food for the weekend during the school year.
- The Love Center – Food pantry and free medical clinic
- Glenmont Food Pantry
- H15 Teen Center in Millersburg – still being organized: for more information email the director at email@example.com
- OneEighty formerly known as Every Woman’s House
- Share-A-Christmas – We participate every year
- Blessing Design Team a ministry of Barb Chalmers
- The Christian Children’s Home of Ohio located in Wooster.
I want to encourage you to be generous and give to NewPointe so that we can continue to support these organizations or give directly to them. If you have any questions you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org