We are all committed to something or someone. For those of you who are married I hope you are committed to one another. Some are committed to their careers, their families, their religion, their politics. Some are also committed to Jesus Christ.
All of us are at different levels or degrees of commitment in each of these areas. You could also call this maturity.
Some examples of people that were committed:
- Christopher Columbus – Was told his mission or dream was “Quite impossible”, then discovered America
- Orrville and Wilbur Wright – Were told it is impossible to fly, then found a way to fly
- Thomas Edison – Took nearly 1,000 experiments to develop filament for Light Bulb
- Abraham Lincoln – Failed in 12 out of 15 elections in his life
- John Wesley – He averaged 5,000 miles a year mostly on horseback and 15 sermons a week
- Lebron James – Was told you can’t win a championship in Cleveland, then did it
- Billy Graham – Was committed to Sharing the Good News about Jesus Christ and thousands of people did
What are you committed to? Is it something that will last beyond you? Is it going to make the world a better place? Is it something you want to be remembered for?
I believe that we are all spiritual beings and that our spirit will live forever, long after our bodies die. We spend forever somewhere either in the presence of God or separated from him forever. Because of that belief, I am committed to helping people grow in Faith, Character and Leadership. Faith in Jesus Christ, developing the character of Christ and leading like Christ. That is what will change the world and bring hope to the hopeless. That is what will change a person, a family, a workplace, an organization, a city, a state, a country and the world.
Here are some guiding principles when it comes to commitment:
- Lasting commitment is making a decision before the solution is found, knowing the principle is right.
- Commitment is the motivator that keeps me moving toward my goal.
- Commitment lets other people know where I stand
- Commitment gets me started while others stand, and keeps me going while others quit.
SO WHAT ARE SOME THINGS THAT DIFFERENCE MAKERS ARE COMMITTED TO?
WHAT ARE YOU COMMITTED TO?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.