Recently I challenged a group of guys I meet with to read through the book of Proverbs and identify their top ten. We all found that very challenging as there are so many great Proverbs. So here are my top ten:
- Proverbs 3:5,6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.”
- Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life.”
- Proverbs 11:2 “When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.”
- Proverbs 11:25 “A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.”
- Proverbs 12:18 “Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.”
- Proverbs 19:11 “A man’s wisdom gives him patience; it is his glory to overlook an offense.”
- Proverbs 19:21 “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”
- Proverbs 27:1 “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.
- Proverbs 28:13 “He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.”
- Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
If you can’t read through all the Proverbs take some time over the next several days and read these 10 and ask God to help you understand how they apply to you personally.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.