Jump Start Your Life
Recognize the power of quitting:
Jim Allen said “to be a real winner, you have to stop doing the stuff that’s not good for you.”
This principle is very powerful, because it can free up a lot of time. We need to quit things for the right reasons.
- You quit something you don’t do well to start something you do well.
- You quit something you’re not passionate about, to do something that fills you with passion.
- You quit something that doesn’t make a difference to do something that does.
- You quit something that’s not your dream to do something that is.
So what do you need to quit doing tomorrow?
Learn to say No:
This has been very difficult for me over the years, because I am a people person. Think about great Olympic athletes and all they had to say no to in order to train to become world class.
- Stop being a people pleaser.
- If you always say yes when you’d rather say no, you’ll find yourself unhappy, and going through the motions.
- Saying no allows you to direct where you put your energy and spirit.
- Saying no brings more freedom to your life
- Saying no allows you more time for the important relationships in your life.
Track what you are doing:
- If you want to change your financial situation, you need to know how you are currently spending your money.
- If you want to lose weight you need to start keeping track of everything you eat and how often you exercise.
- If you want to change your workplace habits, you must find out how you are spending your time at work.
Once you know where your money is going, where your time is going and what your putting into your mouth, you can begin to make changes. Look at your life as a series of choices instead of obligations.
We all get tired, we all have stress, we all have problems. We need to find ways to fill our tanks and recharge our batteries on a regular basis.
Here are ten nourishment center that I have found to be helpful in my life:
- Music – What songs lift me?
- Thoughts – What thoughts or quotes inspire me?
- Experiences – What experiences rejuvenate me?
- Friends – What people encourage me?
- Recreation – What activities re-charge me?
- Spiritual – What spiritual disciplines strengthen me?
- Hopes – What dreams inspire me?
- Home – What family members care for me?
- Giftedness – Which of my gifts activate me?
- Memories – What memories make me smile?
So what do you need to quit doing? What or who do you need to say no to? What do you need to start tracking? What do you need to do to nourish yourself?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.